Re: PL/SQL and DEBUG, which tool ?

From: closetdba <closetdba_at_bitbucket.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:53:48 GMT

I used Oracle designer (yuk), Sql Navigator and PL/SQL developer for a month long trail. Sql Navigator was not bad but it is very expensive. I like the way it allows you to easily create test scripts which is the one feature I do not like about PL/SQL developer. However, Sql Navigator's
debugger was very flaky. I had it crash on me numerous times. All in all,
PL/SQL developer was by far the easiest to use, the most stable and the one I found to be the most productive. Plus it is very inexpensive compared to some of the other products.

J. Syre
Closet DBA, doing more development these days. That is, YEAH no more weekend
upgrades or data migrations!!!

Oracle Designer I really did not like at all.