Re: Printing Problem by using run_product (Report)

From: el_ine <el_ine_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 09:09:20 -0700

saggi_at_sawaal.com (saggi) wrote in message news:<8409c7bb.0108162307.1222ab2c_at_posting.google.com>...

> hi,

> I get Printing Problem by using run_product (Report),
> it is not taking directly to file or printer ,its showing
> rep-1848 error ( Abnormal Condition )
> can anybody help ?

Problem description (check this):

  • rdf put on network-directory; user has read-only-rights on dir
  • REPORTS25_TMP defined and pointed to local, existing directory
  • run report to preview: OK
  • press 'Print' =====>>>>> print-dialog appears, but after accepting the correct printer the REP-1848 Failed while trying to begin printing

Try this and please tell me if solved your problem:

Problem does not reproduce when working-directory is writeable by user or when mode=bitmap.
Reports should create temporary files ALWAYS in REPORTS25_TMP. Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 18:09:20 CEST

Original text of this message