Re: Query Builder

From: bob sullivan <bsullivn_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:07:39 GMT

Av wrote:
> "Daniel A. Morgan" <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com> wrote in message news:<3B5C93CE.1B74A8BA_at_attws.com>...
> > Av wrote:
> > > Does anyone know how to disable the Data Editor in Query Bulder?
> > >
> > > I will like the end users to use this tool for ad-hoc querying, but I
> > > do not want them to be able to edit the data.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > The problem is not with the editor it is with the permissions granted the
> > user.
> >
> > Daniel A. Morgan
>
> I want the users to have SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE privileges on the
> database objects for use in the application, but i will like them to
> be able to create ad hoc SELECT ONLY queries using Query Builder.
>
> With Query Builder, they can also insert and update data via the Data
> Editor. I read in the help file that the Data Editor can be disabled,
> but it did not say how.
>
> So I would be very thankful if you can share any information on how
> to.
>
> Thanks
> Avril

Sorry, Avril, I don't have the answer to your question, but maybe I could piggyback a question onto yours.

Since Query Builder doesn't support hints to the optimiser, can anyone recommend a read-only Query Builder-like tool that *can* support optimiser hints?

Thanks,
bob
bsullivn_at_home.com Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 01:07:39 CEST

Original text of this message