Re: forms, oracle9iAS & CONFUSION

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 02:33:56 GMT

ConnorsJohnny wrote:

> Can I, for example, purchase some CD's from the Oracle store. And can I use
> theses indefinitely or do they expire ? I live in UK and haven't got a
> telephone
> number for the store, so any info/guidance is gratefully accepted.
> THANKS,
> JOHN
AFAIK, there are no time bombs or limitations built into any copy of the Oracle software - if you get an official CD from anywhere, it should work. Since you are in the UK, you should be able to phone the UK offices and purchase a CD Pack at a reasonable price - see the Oracle Store for description and part number. Per the documentation on the store, there seems to be a significant difference between the software and the license - the latter being a 'right to use' the former. Another option is to use the 'developer tracks' available on technet.oracle.com, under which you can order a 1 year subscription of CDs which you can install for evaluation and development purposes - I just don't know whether they have shipping limitations.

/H Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 04:33:56 CEST

Original text of this message