reports page numbering

From: Jacqui <Jacqui.Spencer_at_its.lancscc.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:41:10 +0100

I have a report where the logical page size is two panels long. The first panel (always one physical page) is a returnable slip and the second panel contains lots of repeating groups detailing payments and can spread to many physical pages.
There is a repeating group (R1) spanning the whole logical page, this is the top group of the report. The report has a body section and margin only, no header or trailer. In the report properties max horizontal panels = 1 and max vertical panels = 2. I'm using reports v3.

I want to number the pages in a "page # of # " fashion and reset the counting at R1.

I've set up two fields one for physical page number and the other for total physical pages and have two boilerplates (one at the bottom margin of each panel) which reference these fields. In the "page numbering" dialog I have only checked the "count body" checkbox, I have selected R1 as the "reset at" group and have start with and increment set to 1.

This seems to work fine for every instance of the repeating frame, except the first one. In an example where the first instance of the repeating group is two physical pages long, the page numbers come out as "page 0 of 1" and "page 1 of 1". On subsequent groups the page numbers are correct though.

I've tried checking the "count header" checkbox in the page number dialog and this then causes the first instance of the repeating group to be numbered correctly, but then all other instances think they're 1 page longer than they are and 1 page further on e.g where it should say page "1 of 5" it will say "page 2 of 6" and "page 1 of 6" won't exist.

Can anyone let me know where I'm going wrong ? Grateful for any help.
Jacqui Received on Tue Jul 31 2001 - 15:41:10 CEST

Original text of this message