Re: permission denied at server manager?

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:56:01 GMT

That message means that the oracle server could not create an audit file in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit. Make sure that the directory exists and that it is writable to the Oracle user. Also, make sure that the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle executable is owned by the Oracle user and has the mode 4755.

                                              Rick

--
                                Thanks,
                                Rick

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.