Reports builder won't start with Win2K Pro

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:49:58 GMT

[Quoted] Well, I don't see anything about this anywhere, but..........

I have a STANDALONE NT machine running 8.1.7, Designer 6, Forms and Reports 6i [Quoted] with (pick your favorit patch - none, 3a, 5a)..... Machine is 950 MHz, 256 MB [Quoted] of memory, 58 G of disk...

When I run forms it WORKS FINE. Designer works FINE (or at least as well as [Quoted] ever)......

Running the report builder gets the splash screen for a couple seconds followed [Quoted] by the error RWBLD60.exe has generated errors and will be closed. You will [Quoted] need to restart the program. An error log is being created.

Drwatson comes up, and it APPEARS that the only error log is in Dr Watson (which [Quoted] is appalling to begin with, but that's a different complaint).......

In any case, all Dr Watson shows is an access violation.

I've DEINSTALLED everything and reinstalled all of developer. Same result.

[Quoted] I went back to an old VERSION and installed 6.0 of developer. Same result.

[Quoted] I created a SEPARATE directory tree and installed developer 6i SEPARATELY from [Quoted] Designer. SAME RESULT.

I've had no patch, installed 3a, installed 5a. SAME RESULT.

I've created a TAR but I figure that's pointless, since I figure they'll blame Win2k...

[Quoted] BTW: This SAME machine, with THE SAME standalone configuration has been running [Quoted] developer for a couple years, prior to the replacement of NT 4.0 with 2K NT... [Quoted] But according to "everybody" 2k is "MUCH more stable and works PERFECTLY with [Quoted] Developer 6i" so that cannot be the problem.....

I need SOME kind of idea for getting this thing to work. Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:49:58 CEST

Original text of this message