Re: Retry Repository installation after re-installing this option

From: (wrong string) átkay Tamás <ratkay.tamas_at_chello.hu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:41:48 GMT

Dear Victor !

You can use Designer 6i against Oracle 8i Server, Enterprise Edition only.

According to Oracle Designer Installation Guide Chapter 1 is it possible to install client and server part of Designer 6i on the same machine using Standard Edition. Don't do this ! It's completely wrong. If You try it You will get the same message as above. You can find the true information on the correct Server version in the Release Notes. One important thing is if You have already installed the Standard Edition then You should deinstall it with the Universal installer and after the deinstallation don't forget to manually delete some directories containing installation information, otherwise You will get this message again, because Oracle stores version information in a DLL file which is remain in an appropriate directory after the automatic deinstallation.

Regards
Rátkay Tamás (application developer)

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> az alábbiakat írta a következõ üzenetben: news:tgic4pqkrqrtb4_at_beta-news.demon.nl...