Using Sqlloader towards an distant DB.

From: Jan-Rune <JanRune.Sorheim_at_netcom-gsmnospam.no>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:43:48 +0200

Hello.

[Quoted] I have 2 servers (Server A and server B) running HP-UX 11. On both these servers I have installed Oracle 8.0.6. On Server B I have several files that I would like to load into server A by using Sqlloader. In other words I would like to start Sqlloader, read the files located on Server B and put the content into the Oracle database on Server A.

Is there a parameter that I can set when running the command : " sqlload userid=user/passwd control=load_sbs_rnw_bsc.ctl log=load_sbs_rnw_bsc.log " that enabels me to direct the loading to an other server? Or is there anything I can set in the .ctl file to do the same thing?

Jan-Rune Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 12:43:48 CEST

Original text of this message