Killing Java running in the database

From: Chris Fischer <null_at_itron.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:33:02 -0400

Hello,

We are using Java stored in the database on 8.1.7. We have a PL/SQL package that provides a means for the Java code to be initiated by a process outside the database.

So, our Jobrun daemon determines that java function foo should be run. So it forks, then the child process runs a small ProC module that executes the PL/SQL wrapped Java method.

Problem: how do I kill a running Java method? Using ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION only marks it for deletion. It doesn't actually get deleted until it completes (how handy!)

--
Chris Fischer
email: chris dot fischer at itron dot com