VMS Oracle8 upgrade and moving forms to a Web server

From: David Ball <dgb_at_y12.doe.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:01:20 -0400

Hi,

[Quoted]     We are currently running Oracle Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5 on VMS. The Oracle server 7.3.3 is on VMS too. We plan to upgrade the Oracle server on VMS to 8i and move delivery of the Forms and Reports to 9iAS on an NT box. Developer 6i is not available for VMS.

    The problem is that our Forms interact with the VMS operating system through reading and writing files and submitting batch jobs via COM files. Now the Forms will be running on an NT machine. Has anyone dealt with how to do file passing and batch job submission between NT and VMS? I suppose NFS could run on VMS to make files available on NT. To save on conversion efforts, we would like to use the COM files if they can be submitted from NT.

    Thanks for any suggestions.
Dave Ball
Oak Ridge, TN Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 18:01:20 CEST

Original text of this message