installing windows NT,oracle database 8i, designer 6 and Forms 6

From: Wanda Kuiper <w.kuiper_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 19:32:11 +0200

L.S,

[Quoted] I would like to install Windows NT, an oracle database, Designer and Forms for study purposes, and I have been told by my co-workers that it is practically impossible to get this working on a stand-alone PC at home.
I don't believe this. There must be a way to get it right.

The software I have is;
-Windows NT server
-Windows NT client
-Oracle 8i Enterprise release 2 version 8.1.6.
-Oracle Developer version 6.0(forms6.0)
-Oracle designer release 6.0
-Oracle pre-configured reposatory relaese 6.0

I have a new PC, nothing has been installed yet, 256 MB, 800 Mhz, 20 Gbyte Harddisk.

What is the order of installation ?
Are there any special thing to take care of when installing ? What do I have to change in the registry, if anything ?

Thanx,

Edmund Received on Tue May 15 2001 - 19:32:11 CEST

Original text of this message