Re: installing windows NT,oracle database 8i, designer 6 and Forms 6

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:00:02 -0400

[Quoted] First read the documentation that oracle supplies Second read the documentation that oracle supplies I am not trying to be a smart ass, I did not read it closely enough and had the wonderful experience of trying to create an Oracle free machine (the un installer doesn't get everything This is when you get to play with the registry.) . It's been a while but I believe you need to install developer and designer first then the database. They require a different home and you will not be able to do it if you are out of sequence.

I know for a fact that you can run all of these on the same machine. I have all of the mentioned apps on my laptop. If you don't have an OS on your PC, why not really drive yourself crazy and install Linux and Oracle? NT may be more familiar to you but if you ever want to admin a database you will need to learn Unix. (No flames please, I know it can run well on NT but it won't scale for a large application etc. etc.)

Christopher J. Boyle
Oracle Certified Professional Application Developer

Trifle not with Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.