Calling restricted built-ins when YOU want ...

From: Ludo Van Helleputte <Ludo.van.helleputte_at_be.pwcglobal.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:31:17 +0200

Hahaha, nice try, but won't work ... what will work however is the following ;
(this 'trick' will work as a valid workaround to call any restricted built-in from restricted triggers)

Create a WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger, put the GO_BLOCK in this trigger If you have other timers, you might want to put an IF ELIF ELIF END IF statement in this WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger to test on GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY('TIMER_... Now, from where you want to call your restricted built in ... declare
t timer;
begin
t := create_timer('name', ... -- let timer fire asap, fe. 10 milliseconds ...

Good luck !!!
Ludo.

PS : EXECUTE_TRIGGER should work to call triggers as program units, but you will still receive the 'restricted' built in error ... with the timer you will have a 'clean' situation, although it doesn't look clean programming.

"zorro" <w_at_w.com> wrote in message
> Actually, I'd want to do a 'GO_BLOCK' immediatly after jumping out a field
> (called INVOICE_CANCEL_NUMBER).
> To do that, I am using the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger of this field. BUT,
> can't. GO_BLOCK is not allowed here.
> If I put my GO_BLOCK instruction in a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger, it
 works
> fine !
> So I'd like to call my WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger from the
> WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger of the INVOICE_CANCEL_NUMBER field.
>
> If I use a PL/SQL Procedure (and call it), Froms considers that I come
 from
> a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger, and I get the same restriction on the
 GO_BLOCK