Re: Execute a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger with EXECUTE_TRIGGER

From: zorro <w_at_w.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:30:22 GMT

[Quoted] Actually, I'd want to do a 'GO_BLOCK' immediatly after jumping out a field (called INVOICE_CANCEL_NUMBER).
To do that, I am using the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger of this field. BUT, I can't. GO_BLOCK is not allowed here.
[Quoted] If I put my GO_BLOCK instruction in a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger, it works fine !
[Quoted] So I'd like to call my WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger from the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger of the INVOICE_CANCEL_NUMBER field.

If I use a PL/SQL Procedure (and call it), Froms considers that I come from [Quoted] a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger, and I get the same restriction on the GO_BLOCK [Quoted] built-in procedure.

Denis