Re: Installing Forms 4.5 on HPUX 10 - C compiler

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 11:56:11 GMT

In my experience, the C compiler for HP-UX gave warnings ('+O2 option not available'), but did create the executables, which seem to run ok. I've also been able to compile on one box and copy the executables to another, so if you have access to an HP box with an ANSI C compiler, you can try that.

Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_uk.origin-it.com> wrote in message news:YmP6OtGuoNZMTzkrRXTaWp0xEk2k_at_4ax.com...
> I'm trying to install Forms 4.5 on an HPUX 10 machine. The install
 includes a
> link step, which is calling the C compiler to do the link.
>
> The problem we are having is that the C compiler supplied with HPUX
 doesn't
> work - the install seems to be saying that it wants an ANSI C compiler. I
> guess what it means is that it needs the separate HP ANSI C compiler
 product,
> as opposed to the built in compiler. As an alternative, we installed GNU
 C,