Installing Forms 4.5 on HPUX 10 - C compiler

From: Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_uk.origin-it.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:49:39 +0200

[Quoted] I'm trying to install Forms 4.5 on an HPUX 10 machine. The install includes a [Quoted] link step, which is calling the C compiler to do the link.

The problem we are having is that the C compiler supplied with HPUX doesn't [Quoted] work - the install seems to be saying that it wants an ANSI C compiler. I guess what it means is that it needs the separate HP ANSI C compiler product, [Quoted] as opposed to the built in compiler. As an alternative, we installed GNU C, [Quoted] and tried that, but that didn't work.

I'm a bit reluctant to tell the customer that he needs to buy a C compiler, [Quoted] just to do the Forms 4.5 install, without (at the very least) some assurance [Quoted] that it will work. Has anyone been through this process, and if so, am I right in my understanding?

Thanks,
Paul Moore

[Quoted] PS Ideally, I'd like to find a way of installing using just the compiler supplied with the OS, or GCC, rather than having to buy a new compiler - but [Quoted] I'm assuming that won't be possible :-( Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 11:49:39 CEST

Original text of this message