Re: problem with cursors

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 21:56:23 GMT

[Quoted] On Wed, 9 May 2001 10:44:27 +0200, "pradziu" <pawelradziulis_at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

>To resolve this problem Oracle Book write 'Modify program to use fewer
>cursors or increase the value of OPEN_CURSORS.'.
>Because we couldn't modify report we temporarly increase parameter
>OPEN_CURSORS to 175.

I would suggest increasing it to a higher value yet, and keeping it that way. (What values of OPEN_CURSORS do other people run at, BTW?)

>We noticed that all cursors are closed when we stop and open again Report
>Background Engine.

About which I know very little... but it sounds as if it's effectively caching the cursors in case you want to use them again. I bet if you re-ran the same report, you'd still have the same number of open cursors, and it would run faster second time round. Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 23:56:23 CEST

Original text of this message