Re: problem with cursors

From: pradziu <pawelradziulis_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:44:27 +0200

I shortly describe what is happened:
1. When one user runs that report for several times in one session he got errors:
  ORA-00604 - error occurred at recursive SQL level 1   ORA-01000 - maximum open cursors exceeded

[Quoted] To resolve this problem Oracle Book write 'Modify program to use fewer cursors or increase the value of OPEN_CURSORS.'. Because we couldn't modify report we temporarly increase parameter OPEN_CURSORS to 175.

2. Then we look at problem by monitoring number of open cursors for an user in his session through v$open_cursor and v$session.

[Quoted] We noticed that all cursors are closed when we stop and open again Report Background Engine.

Pawel

"Patrick Sinke" <patrick.sinke_at_capgemini.nl> wrote in message news:989396140.14611_at_sleeper.capgemini.nl...
> I think they are implicit cursors (thus, created by Oracle itself),
 because
> Pawel hasn't defined any of them in the program units.
> The question is then: Why does Oracle not close them?????
>
> btw, how do you know they are not closed anyway? You get this "cursor
> already open error"?
>
> regards,
>
> Patrick Sinke
> Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, sector Financial Services
>
> Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3AF8D746.70B10A32_at_exesolutions.com...
> > pradziu wrote:
> >
> > > We don't open any curosors. They are for the reportqueries in the
 datamodel.

> > > Pawel
> >
> > Oh yes you do. As clearly evidenced by the fact that they are open. The
 question
> > being asked is are they implicit or explicit cursors. And if explicit
 what