Re: Extracting data from Oracle 6.3!!

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 20:19:59 +0200

"Colin Carpenter" <ccarpenter_at_planetcs.co.uk> wrote in message news:hZyI6.20996$Kt2.2330377_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I've been given something of a tricky task, a set of .dbf files from an
 old
> HP-UX server running Oracle 6.3 we don't have Oracle here any more but I
> need to be able to open these files and get at the data. Does anyone have
> any suggestions, are there any utilities out there that can open these
 files
> and possibly save the tables out to CSV files perhaps??

The only utility is Oracle RDBMS software. So your options are limited to:
- recreating the old system with Oracle 6.3 and probably HP-UX 9. Will be very hard to get hold of the software.
- installing an old Oracle 7.3.2.3 version (prior to 7.3.3) on HP-UX 10.20 and using the migration utility. Should be much easier, lot's of HP still run 10.20 and the Oracle software: if your realy determined...

Rob Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 20:19:59 CEST

Original text of this message