Re: Extracting data from Oracle 6.3!!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 18:20:08 +0200

"Colin Carpenter" <ccarpenter_at_planetcs.co.uk> wrote in message news:hZyI6.20996$Kt2.2330377_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I've been given something of a tricky task, a set of .dbf files from an
 old
> HP-UX server running Oracle 6.3 we don't have Oracle here any more but I
> need to be able to open these files and get at the data. Does anyone have
> any suggestions, are there any utilities out there that can open these
 files
> and possibly save the tables out to CSV files perhaps??
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Colin.

Whoever entrusted you with this task nows zilch about Oracle. If you don't have an export, it is : end of story, and nothing can be done about it. Or, you are prepared to look at hexadecimal filedumps etc.

Mission impossible!

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 18:20:08 CEST

Original text of this message