Re: Run form6i against 8i dbms on the same machine

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 11:02:40 -0500

The 2 tools will look in different places for the tnsnames.ora file, so you need to be sure both of them are correct ( c:\oracle\form61\network\admin and c:\oracle\ora8i\network/admin would be the default locations in your setup) A better way, in my opinion, is to add the following to the registry : In
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE add a string value of TNS_ADMIN
and in it specify the location of the place where you want Oracle ( all tools) to look, for instance
add TNS_ADMIN make its data : c:\oracle\ora8i\network\admin

( as usual be careful when editing the registry...if unsure, don't )

hth,