Re: Where to Start?

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:11:19 -0400

[Quoted] first, realize that database systems are very different from programming languages. (as an aside, most programming languages such as those you mention are procedural [they dictate how to solve a problem], SQL is non-procedural [dicates what must be done, not how]).

a good place to start is learning about relational databases in general and [Quoted] [Quoted] entity relationship diagrams. then learn SQL. then learn Oracle specifics.

[Quoted] [Quoted] a good text to start with is referenced below.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0877090661/qid=988312364/sr=1-19/ref= [Quoted] sc_b_20/104-1415612-7582313

[Quoted] "The Martian" <dmcgrat1_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:We_F6.29584$U4.6402415_at_news1.rdc1.tn.home.com...
> There is a job opening up where I work in about 9 mos. working w/ Oracle.
 No