Re: Suggestions on Reporting Tools Please

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:41:27 -0700

> i have some users that need a GUI based, ODBC compliant reporting tool that
> is easier to use than Crystal Reports but not as low level as MS Access.
> any suggestions?

[Quoted] Your requirements are so self-limiting it is hardly worth trying to help you. [Quoted] [Quoted] Why must it be ODBC compliant? Saying that excludes every single native Oracle reporting tool.

[Quoted] [Quoted] And, quite frankly, if your users are so (I hate to say it) untrainable that [Quoted] they can't learn Crystal I doubt there is any tool they could learn to use. [Quoted] [Quoted] Crystal is mind numbingly easy unless you get into very complex reports.

My personal suggestion would be Oracle's Discoverer, followed by Crystal and [Quoted] Cognos. But I suspect the best advice would be to hire a competent report [Quoted] [Quoted] writer and get the amateurs out of the business (they probably wouldn't create [Quoted] accurate reports anyway).

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Apr 17 2001 - 05:41:27 CEST

Original text of this message