Re: Oracle 8.1.7 - Server component to make ADO - MSDataShape run

From: Marko Helskyaho <marko.helskyaho_at_kantamestarit.fi>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:51:33 +0300

Warning: you should use Oracle 8.1.6 instead of 8.1.7. 8.1.7 is latest version before 9i and R&D won't have time to make bugfixes and there is always bugs.
8.1.7 includes features which originally has planned to publish in the 9i bundle.

Visual Basic needs ODBC, if your application has been working on 7.3.4, it runs also on 8.1.6.

Regards
Marko Helskyaho
Consultant, Base Masters