Conditional Import with SQL LOADER

From: Jeff Boyer <"Jeff>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:23:59 -0600

[Quoted] Here is a good questions I hope someone can answer. Is it at all possible to import a file with SQL Loader (or any other tool) but put conditions on the import. For example, I have been given a database from a client that they want imported into my Oracle database. However, this database has a field that is Called SIC_CODES. The client wants me to map the SIC_CODES to [Quoted] the existing Categories. What this means is that during an import I need to [Quoted] be able to say If SIC_CODE = 4456 then Category = Applience Repair. Is this [Quoted] at all possible to do? I have never done something like this in the past and don't even know if it can be done.

Thanks again,
Jeff Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 16:23:59 CEST

Original text of this message