SQL*Plus /Oracle Forms

From: Patterson <r_patterson_at_cox-internet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 11:22:26 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] How can I compare last name for people in two different tables?

A problem arises when people have a hyphenated name: for example, in one table the last name may be Long-Smith and in the other table it may be just Smith.

Another problem that I've run into is if the person's name is mispelled in one table:
for example, in one table the last name may be Christopher and mispelled in [Quoted] the other table as Christophe

[Quoted] What I am trying to do is clean up the "bad" table. One table is updloaded [Quoted] [Quoted] monthly so the data in that table is "official". However, in the other table [Quoted] a user can add people to it (which may duplicate a person because they [Quoted] didn't see the name in the LOV the way they wanted it displayed (such as an alias name) Received on Sun Apr 01 2001 - 18:22:26 CEST

Original text of this message