Re: WebDB vs JDeveloper

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuchnospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:04:43 +0100

WebDB / Portal Applications is great for quick and dirty applications primarily focused on the intranet - but only as long as there's minimal business logic required. If not, it's really cumbersome to implement that in the database only (triggers).

Another disadvantage: Even with Portal you still can't use Stored Procedures with REF CURSOR parameters as data source, which would allow you to centralize logic / data handling in one object.

I think - at least when an Oracle Product currently named Cherokee is available - WebDB / Portal will evolve just into a "Portal" solution and the application branch (forms, reports, menus...) will disappear - so within a year the question will be: how to compare jdeveloper, cherokee and oracle forms.

Klaus
Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 3ab9a4b3.3147796_at_news.online.de...