Re: When running multiple Oracle instance, how can I specify which database I would like to export/import?

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:12:39 -0500

Variation when you need to NOT embed the password in a script: simply set your ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME prior to the utility. Then, with an externally identified account, you can normalize the shell script. Something like:

. db_sid ! to set oraenv, or simply
ORACLE_SID=$1
ORACLE_HOME=$2 exp '/' parfile=myfile.par

"Biss Is Ignorance" <bliss_is_ignorance_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3aaf9d62.0_at_news2.tm.net.my...
> try
> exp username/password_at_hoststring
>
> and then
>
> imp username/password_at_hoststring
>
> hope this helps
>
> aparna
>
> "Tim Lee" <timothy.yw.lee_at_philips.com> wrote in message
> > Dear all:
> >
> > I have multiple instances on my Oracle Server running NT 4.0. When I do
 Full