ORA-3127

From: Mark Heiple <markh_at_xetron.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:02:10 -0500

I am trying to migrate a database from Oracle 7.3.3 to Oracle 8i. I used ODBC to access the 7.3.3 database from my application, using Intersolve's ODBC driver. When I migrate to Oracle 8, I want to use Oracle's ODBC driver.

The application is written in MFC and uses CRecordset objects to access the tables. One of my tables has a LONG RAW column. When the application tries to read the LONG RAW column out of the oracle 8 database using the oracle driver, oracle returns ORA-3127: No new operations allowed until the active operation ends. It worked fine under 7.3.3 and Intersolve's driver.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is it a problem with Oracle's driver? Or with the MFC CRecordset code? I found an old article discussing a similar problem (with BLOB instead of LONW RAW) with Oracle's ODBC driver, but this was back in October 97 and was for version 8.0.3. I am using version 8.1.6, so I would think it would have been fixed by now.

Thanks. Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 16:02:10 CET

Original text of this message