Re: Lite Designer install problems

From: Peter Nunn <pnunn_at_computer.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 08:52:40 +1100

Thanks for the input Soltesz.

I finally got it going last night with 1.2. The problem was that W2K seems to ignore the system CLASSPATH and only looks at the user one, so once I moved everything in there it worked (thanks again M$)

However, its a major disappointment. I thought it might be some type of DB design tool but isn't.

Never mind.

Peter

"Soltesz Andras" <soltesz_andras_at_freemail.hu> wrote:

>I don't suggest to use a JDK version 1.2x if the application is written to
>JDK 1.1x. Dowload the highest 1.1.x JDK. Maybe it will work with it.
>
>"Peter Nunn" <pnunn_at_computer.org> az alábbiakat írta a következo üzenetben:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> firstly let me say that I'm very new to Oracle and am struggling a bit
>> getting everything working so some help would be great.
>>
>> I am trying to get Lite Designer working, but every time I try and run
>> it I get an error saying
>>
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oldes
>> Exception in thread "main"
>>
>> Please make sure that JDK1.1.4 (or greater) is installed in your
>> machine and CLASSPATH is set properly. JAVA.EXE must be in the PATH.
>>
>> OK I thought, I downloaded JDK1.2.2 and installed it, set the PATH and
>> CLASSPATH to point to the bin and lib directory and I still get this
>> message.
>>
>> Can someone tell me what I should be pointing these variables to?
>>
>> Thankyou..
>>
>> Peter
>> Peter Nunn
>> DownUnder

Peter Nunn
DownUnder Received on Mon Mar 05 2001 - 22:52:40 CET

Original text of this message