Personal Oracle 8i/Dev6i question

From: <lhpbd_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:22:41 GMT

[Quoted] Hey all,

[Quoted]         I currently have Personal Oracle 8i and Developer 6i installed on a Win98 machine. The database is in one Oracle home, the developer tools in another Oracle home. Here is my question:

  • I start the listener, then the database, yet I can not get Forms/Reports to find the the database. When I try to connect I get the following error: "TNS: could not resolve service name" or "TNS: could not connect to destination". I am using the service names listed in the TNSNAMES.ora file, but apparently something is missing. Help!

Thanks in advance,
Chris Received on Fri Mar 02 2001 - 16:22:41 CET

Original text of this message