Re: how to fill a listitem based on a selection in another list item...Please help!!!!

From: Brian West <bwest_at_casetech.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:08:13 GMT

One solution would be to change the record group to restrict it to a company chosen (if selected),
Then repopulate the record group, clear list, and repopulate the list.

Alter the boss record group query as follows:

'select b.bossname,b.bossnr from boss b,company c WHERE b.BOSSCOMPNR = NVL(:block.comany,b.BOSSCOMPNR)'

Add a when-list-changed trigger to the company list and add the folllowing:

declare
 rg number;
begin

  • repopulate boss group rg := populate_group('boss_rec_grp_name');
    • clear boss list Clear_List('block.boss_list');
    • repopulate boss list Populate_List('block.boss_list', 'boss_rec_grp_name'); end;