Re: Oracle JDeveloper

From: AV <avek_nospam__at_videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:09:26 -0500

db, db-access layer, process logic and presentational layer... There are always trade-off between
-- one development tool from one company create all the layers. This locks you to be a customer of this company forever. [IMHO] Oracle is db #1 but is [IMHO] last one in java IDE and j2ee server.

  • kind of independent (bind to some standards, not to proprietary stuff) layers will insure flexibility, bit it will require more work from you...

[IMHO] JBuilder40 is the best rather not-binding IDE, VisualAge is equally powerful, but IBM centric and extremely OO-visual (). Visual Cafe... Forte.... not too much of experience here but people consider it very strong also.

Almost in all discussions I found JDeveloper is last in this list. It may have some easy thing to access Oracle, but you better do it [IMHO] with full understanding from more neutral IDE

AlexV