Re: What to backup in Oracle?

From: user Linux <kankossa_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:18:49 GMT

[Quoted] Dans l'article <pYel6.1043$02M1.41549906_at_news.xtra.co.nz>, "Jason Seeley" [Quoted] <me_at_127.0.0.1> a écrit :

[Quoted] I find that you are rude. How You can tell something like this? How You can speak behalf people which are devoted to answer freely anyone [Quoted] and give their time and effort to do that? If you having 20 years experienced as DBA of oracle and more for Unix/Linux I'm soo happy for your. This is not my case, I came just to begin with oracle and linux.
Only note, I don't forced you to answers me!. This is the sense fortunatly of news!

Thanks anyway, for your answer on my questions.

 are

[Quoted] >> Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> a écrit :

> [...]
[Quoted] >> >>+%Y%m%d).log" exp userid=login/password file=$file1 log=$file2

[Quoted] >> >>not find it.  What to replace in place of "YOUR_DATABASE" in the

>> > This in an export script. Export is *logical* backup, not *physical*,
>> > so in this case the location of your files is completely irrelevant.
>> > The script assumes the env var ORACLE_SID has been set. I would you
>> > this variable for YOUR_DATABASE warning: export as logical backup can
[Quoted] [Quoted] >> > not replace a physical backup

>> > Hth,
>> >

>> > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>>
>> Thanks for reply. My ORACLE_SID=bas1. Now when I replace
>> "YOUR_DATABASE" by any file like
>> "somthing", the script works and backup me a file called
>> somthing_20010222.dmb and somthing_20010222.log. Is this means that the
[Quoted] [Quoted] >> DB has been effectivelly backup even if I dont mentionne "bas1"
>> anywhere in the script? How I can restore?
>>
>> What the difference between logical and physical backup? In the case of
>> physical backup, where is the emplacement of the my database "bas1".
>>
>> Thanks so.

> Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 14:18:49 CET

Original text of this message