Re: VERY URGENT! Oracle linux Installer problem

From: Jim Brennan <synergz_at_bmts.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 14:09:21 GMT

[Quoted] I tried several times with 8.1.7 on Redhat with similar frustration. I did succeed with Mandrake 7.2
If you dont need the features of 8.1.7 I suggest 8.1.6 it is a much easier install, and a whole lot less frustration

chuckmachi <chuckmachi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dKtj6.6960$dp4.123916_at_nnrp1.ptd.net...
> I am trting to install Oracle 8i (8.1.7) on a Red Had 6.2 Server and keep
> getting an error when starting the runInstaller script.
> The error is as follows:
>
> oracle_at_ff:/root/Oracle8iR2 > Initializing Java Virtual Machine

 from../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/
> jre.Please wait...current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to
> CX locale modifiersare not supported, using defaultWarning: translation
> table syntax error:Unknown keysym name: osfActivateWarning: ... found
 while
> parsing ':<Key>osfActivate:ManagerParentActivate()'Warning: String to
> TranslationTable conversion encountered errorsWarning: translation table
> syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfBeginLineWarning: ... found while
> parsing ':<Key>osfBeginLine:ManagerGadgetTraverseHome()'Warning: String to
> TranslationTable conversion encountered errorsWarning: translation table
> syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfHelpWarning: ... found while parsing
> ':<Key>osfHelp:ManagerGadgetHelp()'Warning: String to TranslationTable
> conversion encountered errorsWarning: translation table syntax error:
> Unknown keysym name: osfActivateWarning: ... found while parsing
> ':<Key>osfActivate: DrawingAreaInput()ManagerParentActivate()'Warning:
> String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errorsWarning:
 translation
> table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfUpWarning: ... found while
> parsing ':<Key>osfUp: DrawingAreaInput()ManagerGadgetTraverseUp()'Warning:
> String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errorsSIGSEGV received
 at
> bfffe938

 in/root/Oracle8iR2/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expande