Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.2

From: <afgates_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:55:35 GMT

[Quoted] I had a similar experience. The install of Enterprise Mgr 2.2 on Oracle 8i v8.1.6 also wiped out orannms8.dll and created problems when oracommon8.dll was called (this prevented the database from being started, couldn't run export, etc.). Had to uninstall all 8.1.7 level components that were applied to the database during Enterprise Mgr 2.2 installation (manual checking through Custom uninstall. The reinstalled  all related components on v8.1.6 CD.

What a mess! this was all on Windows 2K..which Enterprise Mgr was supposed to be compatibile with.
Anne
In article <bmef6.4083$tv5.271130_at_news.flash.net>,   "Eric Givler" <egivler_at_flash.net> wrote:
> Download the windows NT utility: HandleEx.
> Run it and view DLLs. Perform a search for the DLL and see what
 process has
> it locked.
> Stop this process, then run your uninstaller, or remove this file.
>
> "Flash" <flashl_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > I installed OEM 2.2 on Win2K with Oracle8i after installation
 Oracle8i
 would
> > not startup. Attempts to deinstall OEM and Oracle8i fails because
> > OCIW32.DLL can not be removed. No Oracle processes are running and
 there
> > are no flags on the file that prevents it's removal.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Regards

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 21:55:35 CET