When spooling a table to a delimited text file, how do I strip the delimiting character from the data itself?

From: Jim Cheoros <jim_at_dataconversion.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 04:08:32 +0000

[Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] Using SQLPlus, I'm trying to export some tables into ASCII delimited files from Oracle 8.0. I don't have any problems doing this, except the data itself contains the character I'm using to delimit the columns with - so some individual fields in the output file wind up appearing as several.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anybody have any ideas on how to get around this? Unfortunately, the data contains tabs, pipes, double & single quotes, asterisks, #, $, etc, so I can't just use those as delimiters ...

Thanks!

Jim Cheoros

--
[Quoted] Advanced Downloading Ltd