Re: When spooling a table to a delimited text file, how do I strip the delimiting character from the data itself?

From: <dmalto_at_mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:21:17 GMT

Hi,
Try a tool at www.ispirer.com/chyfo.html It can correctly convert data to a text file (CSV, TAB, fixed formats).

It also create control file for SQL Loader and CREATE TABLE statement.

Best regards, Dmitry.

In article <3A739B40.25C01FF3_at_dataconversion.co.uk>,   Jim Cheoros <jim_at_dataconversion.co.uk> wrote:
> Using SQLPlus, I'm trying to export some tables into ASCII delimited
files from Oracle 8.0. I don't have any problems doing this, except the data itself contains the character I'm using to delimit the columns with - so some individual fields in the output file wind up appearing as several.

> Does anybody have any ideas on how to get around this? Unfortunately,
the data contains tabs, pipes, double & single quotes, asterisks, #, $, etc, so I can't just use those as delimiters ...

> Thanks!
>
> Jim Cheoros
> --
> Advanced Downloading Ltd