Re: can I use an online backup on an other OS

From: Jeff Jackson <jeff.ctr.jackson_at_tc.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:36:04 -0500

Does SINIX have NFS capability ?? If so, you should be able to NFS mount a Sun Solaris file system and write the backup there. NFS will take care of endianess behind the scenes as it does between say a Windows box and a SUN box. You also might be able to pipe output from SINUX box to the rcp program that takes care of endianess too. Another suggestion is just to write it to a tarball (SINUX should have tar). Oracle should be able to read its own proprietary file structure after you extract it on the other side. Hope this helps

Jeff Jackson