Cannot establish JDBC connection, help!

From: ssm <ssmulgund-at-yahoo-dot-com_at_no.spam>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:52:15 GMT

[Quoted] I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition under Windows 2000, Service Pack [Quoted] 1. I'm trying to write some Java code that accesses an Oracle database [Quoted] (the starter DB that gets installed during the standard Oracle installation [Quoted] process). I'm running JDK 1.3. The code looks like this:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); String user, password, url;

// Get user, password, url inputs

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:_at_" +

   url, user, password)

Upon execution of this last statement, an execution is thrown with the following output:

Connecting ... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: make_c
_state

[Quoted]         at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.make_c_state(Native Method)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:197)
        at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:142)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja va:214)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:193)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
[Quoted]         at JdbcConnect.main(JdbcConnect.java:21)

Can anyone help me out as to what's going on here? Note that it doesn't [Quoted] work with the thin driver either (although different exceptions result there). I can communicate with the same database using SQLPlus, and everything works fine from there. Interestingly, the Oracle ODBC Test also [Quoted] craps out in try to connect to the database, although I'm not sure that I [Quoted] have the ODBC source configured properly. The Oracle documentation isn't [Quoted] of much help in this process.

Help!

Sandeep Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 23:52:15 CET

Original text of this message