Re: Oracle stored procudures

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:15:11 +0200

Danny Domhardt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have the following problem:
> We want to write a java stored procedure with Oracle 8i. Here are the SQL
> statements we use for this:
>
> create or replace directory b_dir
> as '/test';
>
> create or replace java class
> using BFILE(b_dir, Hello.class');
>
> create or replace procedure EXECUTE
> as language java name 'Hello.execute()';
>
> Now, if we want to call the procedure with:
> call EXECUTE();
> we get the following error message:
> call EXECUTE()
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-29541: class System.Hello could not be resolved
>
> Have you any idea what we made wrong. Where´s is the error
> in our commands ???
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hello Danny,
I assume that you're trying to write a "java stored procedure". I must say that I have created several "java stored procedures" but what I did doesn't resemble what you did in the slightest.

Have you read the appropriate Oracle 8i manuals? They are available online from

http://technet.oracle.com

They explain (with examples) how to create a java stored procedure.

My impression of your code is that you are way off base. You really need to re-examine the Oracle documentation (thoroughly).

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 09:15:11 CET

Original text of this message