Re: Disable next and previous record in Forms Developer

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_csufresno.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:04:30 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Preventing user from leaving the record means preventing leaving the [Quoted] block as well. I wouldn't use the post-record method. All of our forms just have a key-next-rec and key-prev-rec triggers to prevent leaving the current record (they issue a message), and this seems to work, even with the pull-down menu Record -> Next.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088

In article <93nahg$i7j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   chiappa_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Wrong : the poster wants to DISABLE totally the user´s capability to
> change record. Your answer prevents the use of the keys, but don´t
> disable mouse-navigation. The complete way to do is : write a post-
> record trigger to the block, and in the trigger write something like :
> MESSAGE('You cannot exit the record !!');
> PAUSE;
> RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;

> In article <93n8dq$g8i$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> sigdock_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > As far as I can remember you must define your own code on the
> > KEY_NEXTREC and KEY_PREVREC triggers. If you assign NULL to them
 they
> > should be disabled.... right??

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 20:04:30 CET