Forms : Transactions

From: (wrong string) érôme PERRET <jperret_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:37:03 +0100

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I want to understand how I can create a transaction for a couple of command. [Quoted] My problem is that I got a POST-INSERT trigger on a block (based on table A) [Quoted] and this trigger create a record in table B. When my trigger ran into an [Quoted] error, and my record is not created in table B, I want the record not to be [Quoted] inserted in table A. I can *NOT* use a PRE-INSERT trigger because table B [Quoted] containt a foreign key on table A so A must be inserted before B. Can I told form that my transaction start just before inseting in A and end after POST-INSERT trigger ?
[Quoted] Must I use an ON-INSERT trigger on table A doing the 2 insertions ? Must I put an EXCEPTION in my POST-INSERT trigger with a rollback ? If yes, [Quoted] what about inserting more than one value at the same time : will all insertion be cancelled ?

Thanks for help
Jérôme Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 09:37:03 CET

Original text of this message