coupla WebDB questions from a newbie

From: <itc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:46:19 GMT

[Quoted] I am writing my first WebDB (2.2) app, and had a few questions for anyone gracious enough to offer some advice:

How does one create a Master-Detail-Detail form? The Master-Detail wizard just doesn't cut it for the database design I am using.

If one wished to call another form after submission of the current one, [Quoted] [Quoted] would it be done by creating a link to <form.SHOW> of the form you want [Quoted] to call, then writing a stored procedure to do so? If so, can one [Quoted] examine the contents of the form before deciding which next form to call?

General technique question: right now I am coding to a normalized design. Do people use this apporach for WebDB, or do they use 'staging' tables matched to forms and then distribute the data to [Quoted] normalized tables afterwards, or do they live with a denormalized transactional design?

Sorry for posting from deja but the place I work declines to install a news proxy...

TIA - Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 15:46:19 CET

Original text of this message