Monitoring Tablespace Capacity

From: Kurt Graves <kjgraves_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:26:44 -0500

I would like to monitor the amount of available space in a tablespace. Ideally, I would like to be able to do this with a ksh script executed from
Crontab. I'd like to set up a '% free' threshold and output only if it's exceeded.

If I understand correctly, one must take into account the extent size, autoextend option for datafiles within a tablespace, etc.. I have been looking at the following
views but am uncertain in interpreting what they tell me. dba_free_space, dba_extents, dba_data_files

We are running ORACLE 8.0.5 on AIX 4.3.2.

If anyone is doing this sort of thing, I will appreciate your ideas.

Thanks,

Kurt Received on Thu Dec 28 2000 - 19:26:44 CET

Original text of this message