Web portion of Designer Tutorial

From: Ken Harvey <Ken.Harvey_at_iconmedialab.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:18:27 -0000

[Quoted] Dear All,

I have been working through the Designer 6i tutorial, (yes I know people think it is rubbish. But I would like to fiish it). The last chapter is 'Generate a Web Application'. However, it says I require the following.

"Note: You can follow this lesson only if Oracle's Web PL/SQL Generator has [Quoted] been installed and a web server is available. You will need a username, [Quoted] password and connect string for the web server, and these may be different to those you have been using for the previous lessons. You will also need to [Quoted] know the full path of a web browser executable and the web agent URL. Your [Quoted] System Administrator will be able to tell you these if Web PL/SQL Generator [Quoted] has been set up."

[Quoted] My response is huh?!?! Bearing in mind that I am running this on a stand alone machine with NT and Oracle 8i, what further software do I need to install? I have fast access over the internet so can download whatever is necessary from the Oracle website. Can I set up my stand alone machine as a [Quoted] web server, or do I need to use another machine?

[Quoted] Thanks for any help,

Ken. Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 18:18:27 CET

Original text of this message