Re: Passing a value to a PL/SQL cursor

From: <jangel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:30:21 GMT

In article <8uukrf$j3o$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   dennishancy_at_eaton.com wrote:
> In a PL/SQL package, I have a cursor with
> one argument being passed to it. In typical
> Oracle fashion, I have the following lines set up.
>
> open TheCursor(value);
> fetch TheCursor into TheVariable;
> close TheCursor;
>
> I want "value" to be whatever the user types into a
> text box on an HTML form. Assuming the form name is
> called TheForm, and the field name is called
> TheField, can someone tell me what the syntax is for this?

I'm not sure about any syntax, but in WebDB 2.2 (and I would guess in Portal 3.0) one can construct a Wizardbased  form using a PL/SQL Stored Procedure. It will create an HTML form using the parameters of the procedure to construct text boxes in the form. Submitting the form launches the procedure with those values-- what it does is up to you. Most likely return a page of results. It is *not* interactive (I would like to find a way to write back to the same form!) It cannot scroll through returned values like a form based on a table or view.

Jon Angel
Public Health Service
Rockville, MD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 21:30:21 CET

Original text of this message