Re: Installing Designer 6i

From: Praktikant1 Dic <Praktikant1.Dic_at_de.bosch.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:54:42 +0100

Hi!
cktaylor_at_bellatlantic.net schrieb in Nachricht <3a2e5868.65139555_at_news.bellatlantic.net>...
>Bob,
>
>I just went through the same B.S. I can't believe oracle makes their
>installations so difficult. I can go on about Oracle but I will stop
>here!!!!! I had to uninstall oracle 8i, then install Designer, then
>reinstall Oracle 8i, then the repository. There may be other ways in
>which you can tweak the registry to get around the problem, but I was
>unable to find any information regarding that strategy.

I have done the impossible! ;-]
I also had the problems installing Oracle8i and Designer 6 on the same machine.
Here's the solution:

  1. install Oracle8i
  2. when installing Designer6 into the same oracle_home you get some error message, so you have to create a new oracle_home for the Designer6. But it's not done yet. When you try to install Designer into the new oracle_home you will get the errors later during the installation (thanx Oracle!).
  3. after creating the new oracle_home you have change the registry: in hkey_local_machine\software\oracle\all_homes you should find the key default_home with the oracle_home for the Oracle8i change it to the new oracle_home
  4. go on with Designer installation

This is a bit tricky. But i found out without any Oracle help files. Can you find any documentation on that?

h.t.h.

Michael Krumpholz Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 10:54:42 CET

Original text of this message