Re: SQL*PLUS simple quesion

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:46:48 -0800

"Henning Eli Lang" <hlang_at_mail.htc.dk> wrote in message news:3A2E11DB.DAE9E2DB_at_mail.htc.dk...
> What we want to do is the following:
> another question: Is there a method to avoid the "N rows selected" , which is
> very annoying if you want to automatically process the output.

issue the "set feedback off" command.

For spooling data to a file and you want just data and nothing else, you can get closest to it this way:

set echo off feedback off heading off pagesize 0 trimspool on spool my_file.csv
<run your SQL here>
spool off

The only thing you'll need to correct manually is in your .csv file you might have the spool off command showing.

Another way to do this would be to use PL/SQL and use the UTL_FILE package, which reads/writes to a file. Might be too much for what you're doing though.

-Matt Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 06:46:48 CET

Original text of this message